What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. adelae pics!

NaRnAr

Ive got Crabs!
My adelae has come far, apparently, as I was looking at past pics. I thought it was happy in the window, although it wasnt producing dew....but good grief! its definitely happy now!

Before the move, in the window....looks sad now that I know what it looks like when its happy:
DSC05664.jpg

It even flowered in the window:
DSC05666.jpg

We moved and I didnt have a window for it, and had a spare 10g tank and flourescent lamp so I make a tank for the seeds and put the adelea in there:

...its now a happy drooling dew!
DSC05772.jpg

DSC05774.jpg

and has been catching some gnats:
DSC05778.jpg

and has sent out a plantlet:
DSC05776.jpg

:-D
Thanks for looking!

You go girl!

nice plant

Congrats on finding the right spot.

If I got an adelae would it be fine growing in a large circular thing shown below:

i think it would do just fine, as long as it doesn't get scorched by light or heat. They grow well in long fibered sphagnum.

Sure they would be fine in there. Why that pot?

Neat pot, I could see putting Adelae in the external bits and maybe a VFT or Pitcher plant in the middle. :) Would look great!

Sure they would be fine in there. Why that pot?

i heard adelae can spread really fast. also its not a pot, its a cookie container LOL. its from costco but the cookies are 120 calories lol.

Nice looking adelae. Mine looked like your first pics too, until I moved them to a spot with less direct light.

thanks :D all! I just love how it sparkles. Im going to see if I can nab bfs camera and take some macros of it sometime.

BigCarnivourKid, yea im not sure why it wasnt happy in the window, it got mostly indirect light and only for about 5 hours until the sun went up and over. Now it gets light (fluorescent) for 12+ hours a day and its having a great time. *shrug* ...at least its happy now.

Halt, i plant mine in things like that too. My adelae is in a Safeway soup container....I get BBQ chicken wings or the frozen broccoli & cheese containers and save the plastic containers they come in, wash them good and that is what almost everything is planted in. ....those better be some GOOD cookies! ;)

Back