What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huge pic thread (DUW)

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
Alright, hold on to your socks

Tuberous (part 1):

D. browniana
P1090027.jpg

P1040006.jpg

P1040009.jpg

D. zigzagia
P1090026-1.jpg

D. prostratoscaposa
P1090023.jpg

D. stolonifera
P1090034.jpg

D. menzeisii
P1090046.jpg

D. intricata
P1090047.jpg

D. gigantea
P1090059.jpg

D. orbiculata
P1090031.jpg

Tuberous (part 2):

Unknowns

P1090021.jpg

P1090022.jpg

P1090024.jpg

P1090029.jpg

P1090030.jpg

P1090032.jpg

P1090035.jpg

P1090036.jpg

P1090042.jpg

P1090044.jpg

Tuberous (part 3):

D. ramellosa
P1090051.jpg

D. purpurescens
P1090050.jpg

S. Africans:

D. cistiflora
P1090056-1.jpg

D. trinervia
P1090057.jpg

Another Aussie:

D. hamiltonii
P1090060.jpg

P1090061.jpg

P1090062.jpg

And lastly, Drosophyllum (starting to branch)

P1090055-1.jpg

P1090054-1.jpg

P1090053-1.jpg

Great pictures! Thanks a ton for sharing! I've got a few questions...

What kind of lighting are you using?

How big are the pots that your drosophyllum are planted in?

Are the browniana and zigzagia seed grown? If so, how long did it them take to pop up?

Thanks!

Great pictures! Thanks a ton for sharing!

Certainly, glad you enjoyed

I've got a few questions...

I have answers :D

What kind of lighting are you using?

1000W HID @ 1m above the trays

How big are the pots that your drosophyllum are planted in?

10cm x 10cm x 40cm

Are the browniana and zigzagia seed grown?

No, the browniana I got as a tuber and the zigzagia was originally from seed placed in TC but I deflasked plants so they were well going by that time.

If so, how long did it them take to pop up?

Can not answer that for those but I can give you some stats on other species

D. peltata: germination in first season (i.e. no drying of pot between sowing and germination)
D. macrantha: germination in first and second season
D. macrophylla, lowreii, whittikarii, porrecta: germination in second and third season
D. ramellosa: germination in third season

damn Pyro, some amazing dews youve got there....great job! gotta get me some drosophyllum seeds this spring x_x

Spiffy! Some of those are really cool, not to mention dews you don't see very often. Some of those tuberous dews amaze me, how do they stand up all on their own?! Certainly not something to keep in mind when designing a building....

*major drool*

Very nice bud! Great start with the
D. browniana... amazing. My gigantea hasn't shown any comeback yet this winter... but it came back late last year too.
I have failed my mission... My socks have been knocked off. :-O :p

impressive as always :hail:
Av

Wow, very impressive.
at first glance I thought you had Asparagus growing in your D. gigantea pot. lol

Holy moly! :drool: They're all so dewy! Do all tubers climb like that? And, do you grow D. hamiltonii the same as a Ceph, watering and everything?

You're amazing. I really like the D. browniana.

Which one would you say is the most difficult to grow?

You have plants I've never heard of!

i cant wait to get some of these bad boys! very nice! your collection is always outstanding!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic! Great to see these rarities doing sooo fine. I especially like the Drosophyllum!

I love that D. browniana; I don't think I've ever seen those before. It's like a Drosera pretending to be a Ping. I'd like to grow one of those next to a P. gypsicola to see if I could confuse people about which genus is which.
Also, what is DUW? Download at Ur own Wrisk? Driving Under Wisconsin? Don't Usher Warnings?
~Joe

at first glance I thought you had Asparagus growing in your D. gigantea pot. lol

Yeah it is funny like that. Takes them a while to get past the asparagus stage :)

Do all tubers climb like that?

No they don't all climb, about half do.

do you grow D. hamiltonii the same as a Ceph, watering and everything?

Not quite, I grow it a little wetter than I grow my Cephs

Which one would you say is the most difficult to grow?

Well that is sort of a "trick question" type thing. Once you know how to properly grow tuberous they are not too terribly difficult. However, learning how to properly grow is difficult for some people. If you want to grow tuberous I highly recommend you start with one of the easier, more forgiving species like D. peltata

I love that D. browniana; I don't think I've ever seen those before.

It is a nice species. Related to D. macrophylla . Somewhat rare, not for the beginner.

Also, what is DUW?

Dial Up Warning :)

Nice collection pyro. Your 4th unknown looks a lot like my D. huegelii (pics to follow). Could be macrantha too... in fact, probably more likely it's that than huegelii. Yours doesn't have the particularly bell shaped leaves
1st might be some sort of erythrorhiza

Back