What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. burmannii & spatulata dying after flowering

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
After two scapes apiece they plants died or are close to death. The burmannii I pulled from the pot and the upper portion still had greenery. So I nestled that in another part. The lower leaves and roots I tossed. It seems that the rootless portion of the plant is hanging in there, in spite of me. Here's how they looked just last month:

Picture066.jpg

100_0620.jpg

Very nice. My D. burmanii is still alive even though it threw up three scapes and is done flowering. I doubt it'll live longer, though.

D. burmanii is known as an anual and may die after flowering a few times in the same year. D. spatulata should not die after flowering and is not a anual.

LOL! I know what it should and shouldn't be doing... but nobody told them.

My little pot of spats has been flowering like crazy for 2 months now, and they are beautiful. I hope they don't die now! I guess I better start a few leaf pullings just in case.

All the other sundews in the tray are doing very well:

100_0579.jpg

100_0580.jpg

100_0588.jpg

Picture115-2.jpg

and a bunch other pygmy sundews. I guess the flowering put the one plant over the edge?

Back