What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dinner Time!

joossa

Aklys
I mostly grow North American CPs and since most of my collection is dormant, I haven’t had a chance to feed them in a long time. However, my D. capensis is still actively growing and told me it was hungry for something bigger and tastier than fungus gnats. So I went ahead and fed it yesterday...

P1250037.jpg

P1250031.jpg

P1250032.jpg

Smaller fly:

P1250038.jpg

P1250039.jpg

Ha, I love the tag for it! My capensis was unfortunately damaged by frost here. Is that a flower stalk I see?

Is that a flower stalk I see?

Yeah... ;)

I have always cut off the flower stalks for this one ever since I got it. I think I'm going to let it flower this time, though.

Hehe how epic. 8)

Makes me want to repot one of my seedling pots that I keep around my nepenthes.

-Nate

My Capensis was damaged by a hard freeze (in the 20s) the other night. Several of the leaves turned black.

Love the tag in the background!

Now that I look more at it, I think I see a forked leaf on the left side of the tag.

Now that I look more at it, I think I see a forked leaf on the left side of the tag.

Nah, that's just the camera angle + lighting. :)

This tag was found on some 99 Cent Only store capensis that I purchased some time ago. The pictured plant was not one of them, but since the tag was so cool-looking, I took it away from a 99 Cent capensis and gave it to this older, more mature plant.

Love the tag in the background!

My first CPs came from Wallgreens and had that cute little guy on the sundew's paperwork. :) Still have that paperwork -- somewhere, anyway. :D

Back