What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

binata multifida from a regular T-form

P1260536.jpg

have any of you ever seen this happen?!

the plant made a deformed leaf..it happens sometimes. ive had plants like capensis make forked leaves out of nowhere. it was probably a gene that was multiplied one too many times....it happens.
like a double pitcher or double trap on a VFT

I'm not positive about this, but... if it continues to happen, you could have D. binata var. multifida. the Multifida variety can take a while before putting out leaves that have multiple points. Normally, once they reach a cerain age, and get enough light, they begin doing this.
But it could be a random deformed leaf like SirK is saying. It's just the overall shape/color of your leaf looks like my D. binata var. multifida

Mine does that some times. It's probably just a random occurrence.

i'd like to see a double capensis, that' interesting, i've seen the vft's... i hope you are right CPlantaholic, that would be a definate bonus! thanks for the input!

EDIT*** well it's making more multifida-type traps!!! just a late bloomer i guess!

Back