What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tuberous Sundew help: Temps

Seems kind of dry for an actively growing tuberous dew.

This is not their normal growing season for the northern hemisphere so hard to say how yours will end up developing. D. whittakeri flowers after the rosette is fully grown. Whether it will grow big enough to flower will depend on the size of the tuber that was planted. The reversed season thing may prevent it from flowering too, until it adjusts to a Winter growth cycle.

Thanx Tony! Yes she just started growing because I got the tubers from Australia where the season starts now. I hope for her to die back when it gets hot in the summer and then come back during the winter after she gets some rest thus the re-programming to northern hemisphere will be complete. The media is wet all the time during growing it is just topped with clay gravel to prevent fast dry-out..... she often also gets water from the tray beneath the pot. The tuber was about 7mm in diameter...i hope she flowers:)

Back