What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

baby seedling capensis

some pics of my babies they taken now just over 2 months to reach this stage. their under 24/7 light fluro. the pot are beging to have some green funky stuff. alge it looks like.
any one know how to get rid of it i dont have any iso ahcol also pic of my 3 month venus flytrap with a bit of moss with it.
smucka

smucka

smucka

smucka
fingers crossed these work

There's no pics

You need to use the "IMG Code - Forums & Bulletin Boards "on the right under "Image link code" and not the URL to the whole page :)

Here smucka i'll post them for you

P3270218.jpg

congrats! (it's a funny illusion w/ the one on the left, cuz it looks like it is on a stalk.)

The green "algae" actually appears to be moss. Next time you use the peat moss, you should definitely rinse it thoughrouly. Algae and moss like that normally develop when the nutrient level in the peat is too high. Don't touch anything for now. The moss won't hurt them at all. It just looks bad. Once the plants get bigger/sturdy, you can try to get rid of it by top-watering the pot several times and then leaving the media a little drier once the plants get bigger. A drier soil discourages it to continue growing.

thanks for the advice. the peat came from jiff pellets only bit of peat i cud get it is a stalk it growing on the other r too just their growing flat along the peat is this ok?
many thanks to guy whom put my pic up. cheers i shud be able now thank u again

Back