What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowering Drosera binata!!

woohoooo.....

first time getting flower from a D. binata :p but sorry, as by the time i took a picture of the first two flowers opening, theyve already faded.. sigh

ill take a picture of those flowers blooming tomorrow.

100_6764.jpg

and its sending another stalk up!!!!!!! should i let it flower? again? hmmmm.. a hard decision.
100_6766.jpg

at the same time, my N. ventrata is sending another flower stalk up.. should i or should i not let it flower??? ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice photos! :) And your D. binata is a hardy beast. I wouldn't worry. Soon those flowers will produce tons of seeds and you won't know what to do with them all!

Anthesis is always a thrill! It's the crowing climax of growing (that, and the seed set) and how the plant lets you know you are a good provider. Congratulations on your success story!

As for seed set in Drosera binata...well, some do and some don't. It depends on the particular clone. I've had tons and nones.

Nice job! And while seeds aren't reliable, leaf cuttings are:

IMG_0014.jpg

Picture117.jpg

Nice picture. :) My D. binata [Dichotoma "giant"] has a stalk coming up too, just waiting on the silly thing to bloom so I can snag a piccy. :D

That test tube pic will never get old. :)

Back