What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D, ordensis seedlings question

Hi All,
Back in (I think) October Homer distributed some ordensis seeds.I have two tiny seedlings that haven't done much since sprouting.They are on a heat pad under a clear shoebox in the basement.The air temp in is the 90 dgree range and I have them covered with a plastic bag to keep the humidity in. Should I try and harden them off? Is the lack of air movement causing them to stay so small? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Yes, I would harden them off a bit.

Then I would feed them tiny bits of bloodworm and keep a close watch for any fungus growth of undigested food (remove it before this happens).

Drosera seedling growth stall is usually overcome by feeding the suckers.

Mine, through a hobbyist from the same source, in essentially the same condition as Mark's is also in a holding pattern (heated fishtank). I've fed the plants pulverized bloodworms. I'd like to know when it will look whitish and fuzzy.

Picture120.jpg

Thanks NAN,I did what you suggested so we'll see how it goes.

Back