What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaf Cuttings

Should i dip the cuttings SuperThrive? I heard that aids in mold growth, is this true? ???
Thanks
Susan
:banana2:

My opinion is that Superthrive isn't necessary and keeping an open system is really all one needs to prevent mold.

cool! I was going to try this when it warms up some more!!

Should i dip the cuttings SuperThrive? I heard that aids in mold growth, is this true? ???
If you hang around long enough, you'll probably hear that it can cure just about anything (except aids) :crazy: Here's Barry's take...

Depending on the species, water propagation usually produces the most plantlets and has a higher degree of success - - IMHO - over live LFS ...

Give it a try if you like. I don't think it does any harm except to your pocketbook.

Whether or not the only benefit is to the pocketbooks of the makers and sellers of the stuff remains to be seen.

Super thrive? I try to stay open minded about growing techniques, but a rule of thumb I always followed was the less x factors added to the mix the better things go. I could be wrong, other growers have sworn oaths that this stuff is miraculous, but really, do you need a miracle for what will just happen normally under good conditions?

I can add regarding leaf cuttings that I had the best results using petri dishes with covers and pure LFS. From what I have seen from other growers, hydroculture is likely even better, just not for me since it never worked much. Gremlins are probably to blame...

Back