What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera graomogolensis

Nan- lookin' great.
Ron- I have heard many growers complain about low seed count from self pollination with SAmerican dews like D. graomogolensis, D. montana, etc. I have been told that by far, the best way to produce a ton of seeds is by cross pollination, from 2 different plants. However, I don't know if this means genetically different, or that 2 clones would work as well (I'm guessing the first case would work best).
I know that one grower said he still got only a few seeds from his Graomogolensis when he self-pollinated the plant, himself, so cross-pollination is key.

Nan- lookin' great.
Ron- I have heard many growers complain about low seed count from self pollination with SAmerican dews like D. graomogolensis, D. montana, etc. I have been told that by far, the best way to produce a ton of seeds is by cross pollination, from 2 different plants. However, I don't know if this means genetically different, or that 2 clones would work as well (I'm guessing the first case would work best).
I know that one grower said he still got only a few seeds from his Graomogolensis when he self-pollinated the plant, himself, so cross-pollination is key.

i dont think it means 2 clones. But 2 different seed grown plants of the same species.I think you are right, first case would work best

i dont think it means 2 clones. But 2 different seed grown plants of the same species.I think you are right, first case would work best

2 clones and 2 diferent seed-grown plants are nearly the same thing. Either way the 2 plants are genetically different, just one may have been more widely propagated and distributed.

Fun to see this old thread resurrected. It seems so much has changed, or is this just my experience? This species is now moderately common among growers of Drosera, though it is still difficult to buy in the US. I have found it easy to grow and easy to reproduce using leaf or root cuttings. Now getting it to bloom and produce seed - that is a different story.

IMAG0833_zps6b114643.jpg

Acquired from mass, NASC 2013.

Nice shot!

Thank you. :) I've had it under lower light conditions for a while under a very powerful contact t5 light I was using. Recently I repaired a larger t5 that wasn't quite as intense which allowed me to step up the lumens over my plants. The graomogolensis has been responding nicely, getting redder. :)

Back