What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possibly Pests?

MidnightSkies

animal lover, aquarium and CP enthusiast
I have a few pots of small sundews and seedlings that share the same water tray and today while I was top watering I noticed tons of tiny worm-like bugs all over the soil. I would have never noticed them, but they were floating on top of the water as it was draining through the pots. They look white, and are possibly 1mm in length, and about hair thin. They could be something other than worms, but there's no way for me to see legs on something that small. They're not fungus gnats, that's about all I know. I don't have any way to see them closer and they're much too small to get a picture of. Any ideas of what they could be? Pests or nothing to worry about? And if pests how can I get rid of them?

I have some neem concentrate from Lowe's that has never worked for me for anything.

I also have a couple neps in that window sill that I believe might have mites. Could these tiny bugs be mites that got into the sundew pots?

I think I know what you're talking about, I've seen them before as well, they dont seem to do any harm to my Nep but if they really bug you Neem oil takes care of it, worked for me

As long as they won't do any harm I'm not worried about them. There's just so many in such small containers that it got me alittle worried for my sundews since they're either seedlings or very young plants.

I haven't actually seen anything on the neps, but they could very well be there also.

If they have six legs they are probably springtails. 8 legs=mites Get a magnifying glass...

Back