What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's wrong with my Drosera Filiformis?

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
Something appears to be wrong with my Drosera Filiformis. It's growing very slowly and when a new leaf forms, it dies off in a few days. It receives full sun and such, but I'm not sure what's wrong.

DroseraFiliformis.jpg

From my experience with this species probably too much water too soon from dormancy - crown rot. Usually nothing you can do about it. You can try cutting back the water so as the medium is just damp and keep your fingers crossed. Sometimes they'll rot away and come back but you still have to watch the water as the process will start over if too wet.

From my experience with this species probably too much water too soon from dormancy - crown rot. Usually nothing you can do about it. You can try cutting back the water so as the medium is just damp and keep your fingers crossed. Sometimes they'll rot away and come back but you still have to watch the water as the process will start over if too wet.

I have been soaking the plant alot recently. I'll cut back on the water.

Hm, Mine is doing something similar, I wasn't sure if it was the occasional 28F night that was doing it or the water. Hm. I made room for it under the lights, but I am afraid it might be too late, the crown itself has turned brownish green.

Fortunately I have 4 cuttings in a small container of water nearby, and 1 or 2 of them have little plantlets appearing.

Back