What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First meal

My tiny D. adelae sprout is rolling right along, despite getting a bit of sunburn (I think), so I decided to feed it a dead pharaoh ant. It had this ant wrapped up in tentacles for a couple of days; now it seems to be slipping off the leaf.

Here it is - my first bugdinner - in all the glory of my newb attempts at macro shots:

2livln8.jpg

D. adelae is one plant that will grow like crazy if you keep feeding it. I had a bunch of plants that size that I thought were all going to die out. I tried feeding a few leaves on each plant, and 3 months later, they are putting out 2-inch leaves and are growing quite quickly. Needless to say, I'm no longer worried that I will lose any of them...

Congrats! I fed my dews and they flowered :D

I wish Prolifera responded that great.

Nice little guy you have there!

Thanks. ;D

Sprout continues to boom, seven days later. I decided to feed it a fly - its third bug.

ac3cbt.jpg

The mother plant, which has been dying back for the last month, has decided it's time for new life.

xdaz9d.png

Back