User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa yyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Baylor, I just got them yesterday and put the plants in a six-inch pot with a peat, sand, LFS mix with a top dressing of LFS. They grow five inches under two 100w standard fluorescent bulbs. Humidity stays between 40-70% and temps range from 78-83 degrees.

And the reason I said the flower stalk was damaged Andy was because the stalk was all bent; but the flowers themselves are fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today the plants are doing alright. No dew yet but I hope by the time the weekend comes, at least some of the leaves will have it.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hmm.. the bend out from the plant at the bottom, and the spin on the top is totally normal. As the flowers start to open, you will see the flower stalk straighten out. I looked to find another that was at about the same stage and only found on in one of my VFT trays that is still pretty dormant... You can see how it is shaped just like yours, providing conditions are good.. I'd expect it to flower just fine for you Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic at night
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

"Oh, now he's a philosophizer" Baylorguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, they'll be just fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adnedarn View Post
    Hmm.. the bend out from the plant at the bottom, and the spin on the top is totally normal. As the flowers start to open, you will see the flower stalk straighten out. I looked to find another that was at about the same stage and only found on in one of my VFT trays that is still pretty dormant... You can see how it is shaped just like yours, providing conditions are good.. I'd expect it to flower just fine for you Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic at night
    Andrew
    Your pic of the flower stalk is almost exactly like mine. I see the flowers increasing in size and the stalk is slowly straightening out. Good to hear there's nothing wrong with the flowers.

Soon I'll have way more Capes!

Just one question though. After the flowers close, how long will it take for the seed pod to form and mature? I want to harvest the seed at the right time so I don't end up with 'dews in my VFT and other Cape pot.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a picture I took a few days ago, of one initiating a scape:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12