What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easiest To Germinate?

Adam

Sarracenia Collector
Today I may be ordering from the ICPS seed bank. I heard capensis seeds only need to be scattered on top of peat, like just sprinkle them then soon they'll grow. What other sundew seeds are like that?

Pretty much every CP is that way. The only exception are temperate species that require a stratification period first. The seed even with them, are sown the same way. From experience all of these have been easy for me. I left out the temperate species that need stratification or GA3 treatment (VFTs do not) and a few non-temperates that I've found to be difficult or have poor germination rate (the regular form of D. indica, D. aliciae, D. burmannii, and D. sessilifolia to name a few are some that I find fussy).

Byblis liniflora
Dionaea muscipula
Drosera capensis -- Albino (white flower)
Drosera capensis -- narrow leaf
Drosera capensis -- red
Drosera capillaris
Drosera dielsiana
Drosera spatulata
Proboscidea parviflora var. hohokamiana

Of course these are my opinions and certainly not written in stone.

Good luck!
Crystal

Im thinking of red capensis, S. Oreophyla(Sp?) and, capillaris

Remember the Sarr will need stratification (cold moist conditions) for about 4-6 weeks. I usually do it for five weeks.

yes. I hope I CAN get them... if not today, hopefully in a few weeks

It's Sarracenia oreophila...

If I can spell it by heart, shouldn't you?

Back