What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Byblis 'Goliath' documentation...

Hello Friends,

I came across some more photos from mid 2008 which thoroughly documents the pulvinus in Byblis 'Goliath' :)

This is merely an enhancement to it's March 2009 official registration and article in the Carnivorous Plant Newsletter.

Keeping in mind that only Byblis 'Goliath' has proven documented pulvinus existent within the genus Byblis, I thought that this may prove of interest now, and as reference in future publications as well.

Seeds of this wonderful cultivar shall immediately be available through the ICPS Seedbank also, as I wish to share this wonderful plant with the world! ;)

Happy Growing,

Brian.

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

This is a truely incredible plant!

But don't seeds carry different characteristics than parent plants? Would the plants produced still be called the same cultivar?

I believe that Byblis 'Goliath' acts a bit more like an unknown species or hybrid because some of the characteristics are passed on to offspring, such as the pulvinus of flowers going to seed, the fungal smell, and the flowers.

That's my guess, anyways.

Clue,

You nailed it right on the head! :-O

Happy Growing,

Brian.

Back