What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thought I'd finally share some pics. This is my first pic thread! many more to come...
D. pulchella I have exactly one million of these.

D. venusta my first sundew goes threw cycles of looking really good and not so good (usually when its flowering)

Same plant as above. Some really long flower spikes.

spathulata from Fryster.

regia getting big, but not super dewy when pic was taken because I just moved it outside.

Looking great, especially the regia!

Good news ! Your pygmies look really nice. Unfortunately I think they are some kind of D. ericksoniae ? Not that that's a bad thing !

no way haha! - that shatters my universe, but I think you could be right.
would a flower shot be helpful (if I can even get one)?
well, this was labeled pulchella 'large flower' do you think the petiole (right word?) is too narrow?
These are pretty big for pygmies (I think) about the size of a quarter.

Thanks a bunch,

Hi Alec!
We did a trade some time ago. Your side was this so called Pulchella "large flower" from that big CA nursery i think. Anyway, i can confirm that your plants are the very nice hybrid omissa x pulchella....no way a form of pulchella! Sorry for the bad news!
Omissa is the ex ericksoniae. If you take good care of this hybrid it can get even bigger...probably the biggest rosetted pygmy.

Love that pygmy, whatever it is!

Lovely dews! The venusta looks as happy as a clown!

Hi Alec!
We did a trade some time ago. Your side was this so called Pulchella "large flower" from that big CA nursery i think. Anyway, i can confirm that your plants are the very nice hybrid omissa x pulchella....no way a form of pulchella! Sorry for the bad news!
Omissa is the ex ericksoniae. If you take good care of this hybrid it can get even bigger...probably the biggest rosetted pygmy.

Yeah... what he said. It's the same as my plant:

Picture010-4.jpg

Everything looks great; thanks for sharing.

Alec and Jimscott: I agree ,,,,the pygmy is in no way d. pulchella. That one looks completely different. Your plant is some hybrid omissa x pulchella (or. ericksoniae x pulchella old name). Still it is a beautigul pygmy and can get quite large! (4cm in diameter!)....it is also very easy to grow:)

"my drosera nitidula ssp. omissa x pulchella looks pretty much the same"

....only if you don't look at the flowers! This is also a nice hybrid but unfortuantely a bit harder to find....
Most of them are nitidula x pulchella and not patens x pulchella (or nitidula ssp omissa x pulchela)...alot of confusion between these 2.

Back