Earlier today, I discovered that my D. indica "Green" seeds seem to germinate happily even when completely or partially submerged in water. So I figured I would try out a somewhat different germination technique. For this, I use pure peat in a container with drainage holes. I put that container in a slightly larger container filled with distilled water. The water line ends up being very close to the level of the peat. I planted precisely 40 seeds, and will examine germination rate, as well as long term success or failure. Depending on the success of this experiment, I may go on to attempt germination with other species.
Here is the water level compared to the peat level
I placed the cup of peat around 6 inches under my T8 fixture. I will not be placing plastic wrap over the pot. I suspect that the water level will more than make up for any lack of humidity.