Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruby Ruby Dew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    high red with some pink, hmmmmmm....flawless!!!!
    L'imagination est la clé de la logique de la pensée, une plus grande vérité éternelle.
    Me

Formerly Plantea

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice looking!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again, fellas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very intense colour!| I suppose falco coloured up like this under the natural sunlight,,,or maybe i am wrong? :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks klasac! This one actually colored up like this under a couple of compact florescent lights in my basement, though it might be interesting to see how it would fare outside in natural sunlight. But then it would also have to handle our very arid Alberta air(Opuntia fragilis cacti growing on a hill just 2 miles away). But the idea might be worthy of further trials, thanks for planting those seeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if you want to try, go ahead, but I dont think she can look any better than this,,,:-) Personally, I have success with petiolaris under artificial strong light as well. I wanted to try it outside in the sun, but the temps went too high and the drop of air humidity was significant. My plants are spoiled, dont like too much temp/light fluctuation, which happens a lot with e.g. cloudy skies. Your climate is a bit better for growing them outside though. GOOD LUCK!:-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On second thought, with the very cool Alberta nights here, the falconeri might not feel too at home here, especially if left outside at night.

I grow mine indoors under a seven inch high propagation dome. The pots sit inside a standard seedling tray, with the dome on top of that. I have two 42 watt 6500k 'Daylight' CFL lamps above the dome, plus a 100 watt ceramic reptile heating element also just above the dome. For a little extra heat, I have a seedling propagation heating mat under the seedling tray. This gets the ambient temps up to around 95 to 99 Fahrenheit during the day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, both stunning plants. Happy Growing.

"If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I'll bet they'd live a lot differently." –Bill Watterson
    "Humankind is a man standing atop a pyramid while slowly chipping away at its foundation. " -Me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast