What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did I accidentally take root cuttings of my D. madagascariensis?

uknown_drosera.jpg

So, I repotted my D. Madagascariensis in part to get rid of the Bladderwort infection that it came with. Upon doing so, one of the two in the pot has died back severely. The other is doing fine but is somewhat timidly growing right now.

2 days ago I noticed these two bad dads in there. Both of them appear to be either sprouting on sticks or coming out of random roots that are laying just under the top of the soil. You can see the stick on the right one very well, it's the dark black thing pointing to the right and slightly up.

I had to adjust the adult Drosera a few times due to peat moss settling -- did I accidentally take some root cuttings at the same time?

Probably, just wait for it to grow out.

very cool...

that's quite possible with this species. My first D. mad... was actually 3 plants and they appeared to have died. But 3 more replaced them.

Back