User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drainage Holes for Bottom Watering? On this Pot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clue View Post
    I see a death cube in the first and last pictures. *chuckles*

Going to a home improvement store is dangerous business, the CP stands are hard to resist.
    Yup. I addressed it here. I think I'm glad I got it, though.
    Tim

Grow List

bogspot - my blog about my plants

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Lowe's on the West Coast almost always has long fiber sphagnum moss, both the domestic Mosser-Lee and Chilean. The Chilean are in bricks labeled "Orchid Moss".

And I've notice Home Depot has been carrying Mosser-Lee since the summer of last year.

The quality of the domestic stuff has been pretty poor compared to three years ago but if you hunt through the bags you can find one or two of passable quality. Just resurrect some and make your own long fiber sphagnum.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So that's the infamous death cube...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    The Lowe's on the West Coast almost always has long fiber sphagnum moss, both the domestic Mosser-Lee and Chilean. The Chilean are in bricks labeled "Orchid Moss".

And I've notice Home Depot has been carrying Mosser-Lee since the summer of last year.

The quality of the domestic stuff has been pretty poor compared to three years ago but if you hunt through the bags you can find one or two of passable quality. Just resurrect some and make your own long fiber sphagnum.
    I found two bags of Mosser Lee at Lowe's yesterday, so I got that. I guess I got the domestic, because I didn't get the "Orchid Moss." Maybe I should have?

I picked out a whole lot of the sticks I came across when filling my new pot.
    Tim

Grow List

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a horrible waste of the Chilean moss if you're just using it to line the bottom pots if you ask me.

You can also buy a small roll of fiberglass screen and use that on the bottom of pots. It lasts longer the most plastic pots and is reusable.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    It's a horrible waste of the Chilean moss if you're just using it to line the bottom pots if you ask me.

You can also buy a small roll of fiberglass screen and use that on the bottom of pots. It lasts longer the most plastic pots and is reusable.
    I'm not lining a pot; I'm filling it completely with LFS. So that D. adelae can grow in it, and spread.
    Tim

Grow List

BANNED
    Kansas / So If you Find Me You better shoot fatser Then Me !!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why Just Use LFS?
    I have several pots like that an i used pealite an gravel (fine) as well as some peat an LFS an about half way or in the middle of the pot i drilled a few holes to let the water drain . An just a 2 cents worth i wouldnt try hanging that thing , i notice that there is a loop with sting bad idea. IMHO . i did this over the summer an the sunny an heat weakened the edges an on side broke . i had plants all over the ground .

daren

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CN View Post
    Why Just Use LFS?
    I have several pots like that an i used pealite an gravel (fine) as well as some peat an LFS an about half way or in the middle of the pot i drilled a few holes to let the water drain . An just a 2 cents worth i wouldnt try hanging that thing , i notice that there is a loop with sting bad idea. IMHO . i did this over the summer an the sunny an heat weakened the edges an on side broke . i had plants all over the ground .

daren
    I read that adelae is good in 100% LFS. I don't plan on hanging the pot, as I'm using the holes for bottom-watering, and it's sitting in a water tray. It's sitting on my dresser right now in a container with a little water in it.

Thanks for the into about the hanging part, though. I'd considered getting another one for my Nep, but I won't.
    Tim

Grow List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast