What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cant grow adelae to save my life but.....

prolifera loves the U. humboldtii tank
IMG_0886-1.jpg

that is a beautiful little thing.
Have you ever tried putting a sprig of D. adelae in there? Seems like it should grow extremely well if D. prolifera is looking like that.

I love prolifera, I really want it heehee

Adelae is an issue? Really? Mine had issues a little over a month ago when I noticed a nasty mealybug infestation. I treated it with an insecticide, which slowed it down a bit and which roughed up its babies a bit, but it sprang back and is growing like crazy.

It's shocking how quickly the offshoots grow when you feed them regularly.

have yet to have an adelae live more than a week under my care......

D. adelae is as enigmatic as P. primuliflora. D. adeale seems to like cool, wet, humid conditions.

you would think it would like my basement then? the most recent adelae was the quickest kill, top was dead in 3 days, no sign of life in the roots after 1 week....for whatever reason my basement kills off adelae, even ones that were put on the same shelf as the prolifera above....

you would think it would like my basement then? the most recent adelae was the quickest kill, top was dead in 3 days, no sign of life in the roots after 1 week....for whatever reason my basement kills off adelae, even ones that were put on the same shelf as the prolifera above....
How about the same tank? When I set one free in the live LFS that I like to put in the bottom of my tanks between pots - it soon starts popping up everywhere. I can send you a chunk of a bomb-proof clone to try ...

Maybe there's a distant evolutionary link between WFF cultures & D. adelae ... :poke: :-O :-))

Back