What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Picture077-1.jpg
D. spatulata

Picture001-7.jpg
[/IMG]D. falconeri

Picture009-1.jpg
D. ordensis x paradoxa

Picture007-1.jpg
D. paradoxa

Picture004-1.jpg
D. kenealleyi

Picture005-3.jpg
D. indica

Picture109.jpg
D. prolifera

Picture009-2.jpg
D. madagascariensis

Picture010-1.jpg
D. admirabilis

Picture005-5.jpg
D. adelae

Picture087.jpg
D. dichotoma

Picture086.jpg
D. 'Ivan's Paddle'

Picture080.jpg
D. burmannii

Picture078.jpg
D. aliciae

Picture076.jpg
D. 'Jacobyi'

Picture075-1.jpg
D. natalensis

Picture074-1.jpg
D. capillaris 'Long Arm'

Picture016.jpg
D. binata

Picture006-4.jpg
D. slackii

Notice.. no pygmy sundews yet. They need to grow up a bit to be worthwhile.

Last edited:
beautiful dews! Love the falconeri!

Gotta love the pot-o'-aliciae.

quite the collection. Did you start those D. aliciae from seeds you collected? Did you have these guys outside this summer or by the windowsill? Your D. (supposedly) intermedia looks a lot like D. spatulata, to me.

The D. aliciae were the seeds from a clump of plants that came from a trade last year. These plants haven't been outside

Yeah, the D. intermedia DO look like spatulata to me as well. Ironically, several of my pots have germinating sundews that look more like intermedia (much narrower leaf blades). I don't know if they were from the capillaris seeds I had or from the LFS (orchid moss) I bought.

Picture010.jpg
D. ordensis x falconeri

Thanks, Warren!

Last edited:
Those petiolaris hybrid seedlings are doing well. What a difference between the reciprocal crosses. I guess I should try germinating some on my own.

It looks like my D. petiolaris is flowering again right on schedule (same time last year). Maybe I'll get some more crosses with my D. ordensis (constantly flowering).

The D. intermedia appears to be D. spatulata. Ivan informs me that the "jacoby" is a particularly vigorous (weedy) white flowered D. spatulata.

The D. natalensis looks more like D. cuneifolia or D. admirabilis to me. Who knows?

Love the paradoxa.
How hot do you keep your complexes? What do you use to heat them?

Clue: Hopefully, the cuttings will live and sprout. So far they haven't shriveled up.

Warren: I was amazed at how different they have become. Incredibly, all that attempted hand-pollination with my own lanata & paradoxa, has produced some seeds. The intermedia definitely looks like spatulata. Looks like I have more spatulata than I thought. I also have two different colored flowering natalensis. One was sent to me as such and the other just sprung up in a pot. I also think I have a ton of intermedias in many pots, all from the LFS (orchid moss).

Yellowdart: The heat is produced by the Grow Lite and kept in by the plastic cover. It has gotten to 89 F in there.

Great plants! Do you do anything special for the prolifera, my friend seems to be having a hard time with his, yours are spectacular!

I have a couple plants in both the tropical setup and the grow rack, which are very different conditions in terms of humidity and temperature. Both are thriving. Go figure... Just bascially keep them watered and lit. I use LFS as a medium.

Love the binata! So dewy.

Picture004-8.jpg
D. mad...

Picture005-11.jpg
B. liniflora

Picture038.jpg
D. jacobyi

Picture004-6.jpg
schizzy

Wow thats a really nice collection, Im super envious. Im surprised that all the heat only comes from the light. Thats a really useful light!

Absolutely love your falconeri. Mine is just coming out of dormancy and hopfully in a few months look as good as yours. It is flowering and starting to produce traps again afer a 3 month dormancy. I had it for 4 years before it went into dormancy.

It's a fairly good setup but nothing like what Aviator has. What he's got going, and his camera, bring out the red and clarity that I'm not capable of producing.

Picture021.jpg
D. paradoxa

Picture005-12.jpg
D. burmannii

Picture016-3.jpg
D. spatulata (Frasier Island)

Is it just me, or did ANYONE notice that his Ivan's paddle is covered in pests?

All those white flecks are pests. You should use neem or pyrethrins. I often get that type when I grow my sundews too crowded.

Back