What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get Tough Or Die!

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I had a lush layer of moss stunting the plants and decided that I would just pluck them out of the media and put them in water while I remove the moss layer and replace with sand. I fully expected a lot of reacting but was hoping for some survivors. That was a few days ago. Looks like I got lucky.

Here's the "before" for D. omissa x pulchella:

Picture003-4.jpg

This is the "after" for it and a few others:

Picture.jpg

It can be done!

Looks like how my adealae's look now that I transplanted them, probably be a couple weeks before they recover and start looking "dewy" again!

You uprooted pygmy Drosera? I've only had less than one in five survive root disturbance.

I just pluck out the moss with tweezers. Not all my pots are filled to the brim or the substrate is so sandy it would fall apart with Tamlin's method of moss removal.

Yeah.... I did! I was intending to work around the plants an get as much moss out as possible. It was very tedious. so I scrapped that idea and plucked the plants out, ingloriously, and placed them in water. I placed them back into the media, and sprayed them with water.... and hoped for the best.

Back