What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera porrecta

033.jpg

036-1.jpg

Drosera lowrei

053.jpg

Drosera erythrorhiza subsp. squamosa

046-2.jpg

Drosera aff. macrantha

070.jpg

080.jpg

Roridula gorgonias

081.jpg

084-1.jpg

095.jpg

Drosera capensis 'Red'

110.jpg

Drosera regia

115.jpg

119.jpg

Enjoy the photos!

That last pic is really impressive. Love it!

Wow, great camera and awesome plants, of course! have you been growing all of these outdoors over the winter?
Does your camera have manual focus? I've never been able to focus very well with mine (no manual setting)

beautiful! I especially love the macrantha, regia and roridula.

Nice dews!

Thanks!

CPlantaholic, They've been growing in a cool greenhouse so far this winter. These photos were actually taken using autofocus, my camera does have manual focus but the auto works just fine! Its a Nikon D40 by the way.

wow, roridula...

Did you grow it from seed? if so how was that germination process?

Great photo's btw!

are those cape seedlings in with your regia?

Really nice!

It's great to know that someone has roridula alive and well in the U.S. Very cool D. aff. macrantha too! Love the suction-cup-look.

Beautiful sundews. :) I especially like the regia.

Thanks!

cm889: I didnt grow this one from seed, I have sprouted Roridula dentata from seed though - I planted the seeds on a mix of peat and perlite in equal parts, I then burned a handfull of dried grasses above the seeds and as the fire was smoldering I dumped a cup of water over the ashes in attempt to wash some of the ashes down into the soil as rain would do in nature.

Jeff, Roridula is actually one of my easiest plants, all I have to do is water it once a week or two and it does the rest. I hopefully pollinated the flowers so I should have some seed to distribute soon!

Wow! Those dews are looking good!

BTW, how are the ones I got you doing? I got just about 100% germination from the seed labeled D. venusta (?).

Great shots. What kind of lens did you use for these?

I think I used to hate 'dews, but the more I see them the more I love them. Good job on growing those beauties!

Beautiful sundews! I especially like the tuberous ones! :)

Thanks!

Clue: They are doing pretty good!

Theyellowdart: It is a f/3.5-to-f/5.6G, 18mm-to-55mm II ED AF-S DX lens.

Roridula is actually one of my easiest plants, all I have to do is water it once a week or two and it does the rest. I hopefully pollinated the flowers so I should have some seed to distribute soon!

I'm hoping to procure some someday!

Back