What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's Happening to my Paddle?

So what am i supposed to do with the plants? What should I now call them? What will the seeds become?

Seedlings should not be called 'Ivan's Paddle'. According to Ivan most of the seedlings will lack vigor anyway.

In my experience true 'Ivan's Paddle' will eventually revert to the paddle shaped leaves. What conditions trigger the form changes are unknown.

The plants I had previously changed form after being exposed to high temperatures in the high 80s low 90s and the pot exposed to afternoon sunlight at the same time. I moved them outdoors and after about 4 or 5 months the revert to normal growth.

Since it is nice and sunny today I took a few more photos. I was mistaken about round leaves, it just depends on the angle you look at them.

P2220025.jpg

P2220026.jpg

P2220028.jpg

P2220022.jpg

P2220031.jpg

P2220030.jpg

P2220029.jpg

The white stuff around the crown are stipules and trichomes (hairs). The little point and shot digital camera I inherited doesn't do good exposures in macro mode and yesterday was too overcast to shoot without flash. Since I've been out of work for over a year it's the best I can afford.

Yeah, I can't see pictures very well right now. The monitor's crapping out, and any part of an image that's supposed to be black or very dark is instead vertical black and white lines. Makes viewing pictures tricky! It's starting to progress into colors, now, too-- I'm getting blue, red and green lines. Sounds psychedelic.

My camera is going to quit some day, too. I am trying to save up for a new one, but with a plant show coming up, and the BACPS plant sale and the group Nep. order some of us are getting together, well, it's not going to happen any time soon. :scratch:

~~~~~

The new pictures show up great, though, and all I see is a really neat 'dew.

So when things warm up around here, (May), I'll have them outside again and hopefully they will look like paddles again.

Back