What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

regia from seed

I had tons of these when I was working at a lab in PA. I used them exactly as you described. Here are some early (bad) photos, from ~2004:

D_filiformis.jpg

S_purpurea.jpg

dscn0177.jpg

D_capensis_Albino_001.jpg

D_intermedia_Carolina_Giant_Brunswi.jpg

D_scorpiodes_Vic_Brown.jpg

P_agnata.jpg

U.jpg

AR000102.jpg

Well it turns out D. regia will form winter hibernacula if the winters are cold enough. John Brittnacher posted a photo or two either on the ICPS board or website. I'm trying to track them down.

apprently 10 degrees or 50 F is not cold enough to make my regia hybernate so far
Jim great minds think alike I cant get enough pippete boxs to keep up I keep begging them off a friend who works in a lab and grows cps.

I've shipped several to Lois as part of trades. I'll have to check.... I might have more in the garage, if you're interested in them.

Thanks Jim but Im in New Zealand so I guess thats not practical but im sure someone would love them who is closer to you. By the way your collection of cps is amazing, quite envious.

LOL! What was I thinking?

Back