What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

May be in a world of hurt..

Definitely update us with some pics once they put on a bit of size. I'm picturing a drosera sponge, or maybe fog would be a better word.

Good, God, man!

What have you done!?

hmm.. i dont see the problem ???

The problem is that the seed in that picture is roughly 2 weeks old...and there already look like there are a lot of plants. Give them a month or two and watch out!

I had that situation... once. I would start preparing more pots and using several 1/4 teaspoonfuls into each pot.

Hey Mass,

I did something similar a couple years ago with a billion fresh cape seeds.......

Look out, cuz they can take over your entire house! ;)

crowded_capes.jpg

And nice Cape Dews

I kinda did like you did MM I sowed my seeds (2 packets0 on a 4 inch pot of LFS. I got about 50 sprouts, I figure I'll let them grow a bit and the pot them out. Man I'm going to have a windowsill of dews!

I kinda did like you did MM I sowed my seeds (2 packets0 on a 4 inch pot of LFS. I got about 50 sprouts, I figure I'll let them grow a bit and the pot them out. Man I'm going to have a windowsill of dews!

I'm thinking I'll grow some outdoors during the summer, some on the windowsill, and some in the terrarium. Might as well.. thinking I'll have plenty to play with.

...and you can bring the rest to the North-Central CP gathering near Chicago this spring or summer ;)

Fryster: that's what the soil of the D.scorp I had growing right next to a capensis looked like when I let the latter bloom and didn't realize what would happen XD.

You guys warned me.. but I didn't listen. After dumping 1000 capensis seeds into one pot 2 weeks ago, I found this tonight.

be sure to place them in the center of all your other pots and let them all flower. :-O

WORLD DOMINATION!
creepshow-stephen-king.jpg

ROFL

I just fell out of my chair.

Thanks dashman. That made my night.

Can we see pics? I imagine that pot is like 90% plant matter now!

As you sow,
so shall you reap! :-O
...and reap! :lol:
...and reap!:-P-:

...and reap! :headwall:

...and reap! :-))

Been there... done that!

Funny this thread got bumped.. I just took more pics tonight.

100_3219.jpg

100_3218.jpg

Nice! I'm always trying to find the lucky mutation with different plants, so what I'd do? plant em outside to face a harsh winter. Plant a billion seeds and you might just get a few. You'll need, what, two flowering plants? I'm mean that way, but I do have a pineapple plant right now that faced the trial of death: a week out in winter. It currently has a pineapple growing and I'ma plant it eventually! :D

Considering a capensis seed spreading ability though, we'll have a new invasive species if it learns to survive the cold and nutrients :-)) Might be the only one you have to add MORE chemical fertilizers to get rid of!

Looking good.

Hey nepenthes, just put
after, and the pic will show up. Those pots look great.

wow...ill do the same with my cape im sure... just that crazy.. MM I'll happily take some off your hands once I get back from deployment! :D

thats alot of dews, when is you next update gana be, i wana see how much they have grown :D

Back