What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D.burmannii heat tolerance

Exo

Tastes like chicken!
I'm gonna be getting some seeds of these soon and was wondering if they can tolerate temps of 90-100F during the day if they are kept wet and at about 70% humidity.

Thanks.

I've read that several growers have had success growing them in lower-mid 90s, but 100s may be pushing it...just barely.
But as long as humidity is high and around that range, you will obviously have a better chance than if humidity were low in that temperature range.

I'd try aiming for upper 80s to be safest, but if that isn't feasible, you can at least give it a shot, and then report to us whether or not it worked...

I grow my D. burmannii without any shade and the temperature exceed 100 F durig the noon time.
DSCN5191.jpg

this is great to know! You have the most incredible pictures and plants! Do you own a small nursery of sorts, I'm assuming?

I am a CP hobbyist just like most of you. Always dream to have a nursery. However, still need some money and time to make it come true.

Sure, I'll give it a try.

Exo I believe the plant should be okay at 90F or a bit higher because I grow my D. burmannii outdoors full sun no shade and its really happy. 100F all the time? I don't have the experience to comment on that temp. Good luck!!! let us know how it goes.

Mine grow fine in 75°-85°F with only 40% humidity.

Exo I believe the plant should be okay at 90F or a bit higher because I grow my D. burmannii outdoors full sun no shade and its really happy. 100F all the time? I don't have the experience to comment on that temp. Good luck!!! let us know how it goes.

Only durring the day, at night it is about 73F.

If you get that temp. drop at night then I honestly think you should be fine! Like I said I grow mine outdoors. I am sure it must get hot at times. If anything goes wrong... don't worry I am sure I can send you another one or send you seeds.... :)

If you get that temp. drop at night then I honestly think you should be fine! Like I said I grow mine outdoors. I am sure it must get hot at times. If anything goes wrong... don't worry I am sure I can send you another one or send you seeds.... :)

Cool, I am already getting seeds from someone, but if I need more I'll let you know. :)

Back