What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strongest Sundews?

What varieties of sundews can withstand the most amount of heat in dry, arid, high desert climates. What I mean is what sundews are strong enough to grow alongside VFTs and Sarrs in a mini bog outside for 8+ hours under a summer southern california sun

Drosera Capensis survives anything

Drosera Capensis survives anything

Yeah I read all the time about how hardy this plant is. The tropical plant returning from freezes and stuff like that

D.Binita is also great too

Drosera filliformis tracyii...

Winter growing Drosera (tuberous, some pygmy and some South African) will survive hot dry summers by going dormant to tubers or thick roots.

Some of the Woolly sundews will tolerate high temperatures but they want high humidity.

true but after winter u have to make it get used to the high temps in spring how do i know this? I live in south CA

Just leave it there. The season change isn't dramatic. The plant can adjust itself.

Way down were u live!i think

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

climate here changes dramaticly

thank you for the advice guys

Back