What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera trinervia flower

Not a Number

Hello, I must be going...
Staff member
With this species blink and you might miss it.
P4060061.jpg

P4060064a.jpg

P4060067.jpg

Probably have to wait another two years to get pictures again.

glad you didn't blink! Great picture and plants.

Superb cultivation!. Man, I can't get plants to live for more than a few months or seeds to germinate!

I haven't tried replanting/repotting these so I don't know if they are sensitive to root disturbance. It might be better to mess with them when they are dormant.

I've not tried germinating seeds yet either so I can't give you any advice. Perhaps warm dry stratification over the summer would help. At least I have seed again after two years.

I received a medium-sized non-dormant plant last summer from Ron. It ended up dying back to the roots. At the time, it actually appeared to have rotted back to the roots. I ended up forgetting about it, but in the fall, to my suprise, it came back looking as good as before!
I'd say that if you're going to repot them, definitely do it when the temps are cooler. My D. trinervia from Crystal have yet to go dormant even in temps above 90F, but this guy didn't survive trasplanting in 80-85 F temps.

I've found the same to be true even with repotting Drosera capensis in higher temps though.

But it seems that whether or not D. trinervia dies back after transplanting, you can be fairly assured that it will come back for you.
As a side note, I didn't allow the media to dry out at all. Can't be sure, but it may have helped that it only had an inch long root? I have no experience with true dormancy with D. trinervia so I can't really make a comment for sure about moisture content during dormancy...

If you're looking for germination tips, Crystal grew the plants she sent me from seed. Sounded as though she started them the same as she does her D. capensis.

Back