What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi, I took some pics of selected jars. Many plants are growing fast, so I wanted to take pictures before I deflask them. Hope you like the pictures! :man_in_love:

drosera spatulata 'green' (a very neglected jar)
DSCF0004-3.jpg

drosera admirabilis, clumping very nicely without hormones
DSCF0003-3.jpg

drosera ascendens 'red form' going crazy inside
DSCF0006-1.jpg

drosera peltata on tuberisation medium
DSCF0007-1.jpg

drosera auriculata on ordinary medium, plants are losing stability without roots, need for tubers initiation
DSCF0023-1.jpg

drosera ascendens "Itarare, Sao Paulo,Brasil'
DSCF0020-1.jpg

drosera tomentosa var. glabrata "Serro do Caraca,MG,Brasil'
DSCF0012-1.jpg

drosera natalensis 'Kwa-Zulu Land,Natal,South Africa'
DSCF0016-1.jpg

drosera rotundifolia
DSCF0028.jpg

drosera broomensis x ordensis seeds sprouted a few days ago
DSCF0025-1.jpg

genlisea violacea 'Couto de Magalhaes,MG,Brasil) germination (sorry for blurry pic)
DSCF0034.jpg

...and not much to see here yet, but still very excited to see d. hirtella var. lutescens 'Cristalina, Goias State,Brasil' commencing germination:)
DSCF0005.jpg

...and this one is not carnivorous, just trying to produce some Sequoia sempervirens plantlets for my coleague from work. So far no contamination, which surprised me with no PPM and large seeds with rough surface. Any idea how long it takes for them to germinate?
DSCF0001-1.jpg

Nice!

Amazing !!!

man, you are just going to town with this!!!!
nice work as always.

I envy your capabilities!

I was all into doing TC a few years back.
I have a bigger budget and I'm almost 18...
Isn't it basically MS media, agar, hormones(I'd go without them or maybe some BAP),
PPM, preassure cooker, baby food jars, caps and the llike?
I want to do tTC sometimes for the heck of it...
Aynways sorry I'm not trying to HiJack .

How well does tissue culture work for rooting difficult cuttings?

Sounds like you got it covered Jim.

In my short adventure into TC (nep seeds) I ran out of PPM a couple batches into it all. My clean room technique must have gotten better at the same time because the batches after running out of PPM showed less contamination in the first weeks. I just use a diluted bleach solution for sterilization of the tissue, and liberally spray rubbing alcohol on everything!

Back