What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera nidiformis

I am looking at ordering some new Sundews seeds to try to get started. I am looking at Drosera nidiformis. From what I can read is that it seems to be very much like capensis in growing conditions. Is this what other people have found as well. I look forward to reading everyones replys.

yeah pretty much exactly like capensis. i ordered some from the icps and theyre all sprouted and growing like mad. just like capensis :)

D. nidiformis grows like crazy, and makes a LOT of seed. It's an annual, so after it makes seed it dies, but it does make plenty so don't worry. You can keep it from dying by clipping off the flower spikes when they come, I've kept a few plants that way since late 2008 :p

Thanks guys for the replys. That is interesting that if you do not let it go to seed you can keep it growing. I might have to really try to get some of these guys going.

Yeah, It grows like crazy and very fast. Mine all produced flowers at the same time, then died down. But I got so much seed and a lot of the mother plants are still alive.

Back