What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B. liniflora

Success!!

100_5081.jpg

Congrats on the sprouts. Hope they do well for you!

Bravo, now to see if I can pull it off too, wish me luck.

Fantastic! I hope I'm just as lucky!
:boogie:

I'll keep an updated picture log as they progress..

Congrats!! The soil looks quite moist however, so I would begin to reduce water or they will most likely get the dreaded "fungal attack" that causes them to turn red then shrivel and die. That has happend to me before. Glad the seeds are doing well for you :)

Congrats!! The soil looks quite moist however, so I would begin to reduce water or they will most likely get the dreaded "fungal attack" that causes them to turn red then shrivel and die. That has happend to me before. Glad the seeds are doing well for you :)

Way ahead of you.. I've already moved them out of the seed growing tank and into the grow box with my neps. I've read that they do well if grown like a nepenthes.

Thanks for sharing! I wanted to try but figured I'd see how others did it before giving it a whirl.

Way ahead of you.. I've already moved them out of the seed growing tank and into the grow box with my neps. I've read that they do well if grown like a nepenthes.

Hmmm I wonder who you heard that from ;) Sounds good, enjoy them they are beautiful plants!

Oh ok gotcha. Another thing to consider is they like HIGH light, as much as they can get pretty much, so make sure you give it plenty :)

Roger that.. They are showing significant growth everyday!

That's great! Good luck with them, they can reach flowering size in as little as 1.5 months!

That's great! Good luck with them, they can reach flowering size in as little as 1.5 months!

3 more sprouts in the original pot came up today!! I'll give them a few days to grow out some more and take some pics and do a count. How many seeds did you send?

I think I sent like 30 or so? Quite a few, I'm pretty much out of seeds now but I had over 200 and sent them out to several different people as well as potted up 3 pots of them lol.

Edit- Also, I got around 90-95% germination rates with mine, so if you get similar you should have 20+ seedlings.

14 thus far..
100_5097.jpg

Back