What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

long arm capillaris, and a couple other dews

uphwiz

jimmy
Here are the long arm capillaris seedlings from jimscotts seeds,:-D
I got the seeds back at the first of the year, and I think I started them in Feb.

Here they are now .
long arm capillaris
IMG_2681.jpg
I can't remember who gave me this one,everyone here is so generous, thank you:blush:,
I've had it for about the same amount of time.
:-D
brumannii
IMG_2684.jpg
Scorpioides and Aliciae are the others in the closeup thumbnails,
click on these for xtra closeups.

Awesome shots! I'll be getting all these very soon and hopefully they turn out like yours :)

Well done!

Looking at those glands at the end of the snap tentacles (the longest ones on the outside) I sort of believe that what you call Drosera burmannii might actually be it's Brazillian counterpart, Drosera sessilifolia. Were the flowers pink?

Wish I could get my dews to look like yours.

Looking at those glands at the end of the snap tentacles (the longest ones on the outside) I sort of believe that what you call Drosera burmannii might actually be it's Brazillian counterpart, Drosera sessilifolia. Were the flowers pink?

hasn't bloomed yet , and i am reducing the light cycle not sure it will bloom this season I'm sown to 13 hours and going to 10 hours in the next 10 to 12 weeks,I'll post the pics when it does bloom . its very cool though ive not seen any real closeups of burmannii here before.
it may have come from jim scott maybe he can look at the mothers blooms.
Jim you hoo:-D

This is what I have as a D. sessilifolia flower:

Picture045-1.jpg

Picture025-5.jpg

and this is what I had as a D. burmannii flower:

Picture080.jpg

Picture005-12.jpg

almost full sun D. sessilifolia. leaf blade recurved. leaves yellow. very short petiole
DSC_00030001-3.jpg

under artificial light parents of this plant. Petiole much longer but leaves still sort of recurved:
DSC_00280001.jpg

wow jimscott cant wait till , i have a few dews from the trades i got from you to look as nice as these youve shown here,:-O
very nicely grown:hail:
kulamauiman, yours are second to none either , very nice:-D

LOL! A lot of my sundews have come from kulamauiman!

kulamauiman, sorry in advance , not sure what you mean by recurved, puckered in or out?, and what part is the petiole.
I'm still trying to learn more on dews, dont think ill of me,
I'm puny and and my mom dresses me funny like.:blush:

they bend back towards the soil. Let me get some pics of burmanii growing under the same conditions to compare.

easy way to look at it short petiole for sessilifolia make them look like an triangle with three 60 degree angles. long petiole looks more like those old transatlantic supersonic jets, was that the concord?....

MTF

If the D. capillaris "long arm" is from the plants I sent jimscott a couple years ago then the location of origin is Tate's Hell Swamp, Franklin Co., FL.

That stuff gets around in more ways than one :)

LOL! I also get a lot of plants from Notanumber!

compare: Both plants grown in the same area, so similar light,etc

D. burmanii. petiole circled
dburmanii_1.jpg

D. sessilifolia
DSC_00030001-3.jpg

Back