User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 43

Thread: Tribute to Drosera indica "Pale Pink FLower"

  1. #17
    Oh, the humanity!! TheFury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    779
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait until mine look like that


  2. #18
    sarracenia lover dionae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    1,963
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful babies TF!

  3. #19
    Oh, the humanity!! TheFury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    779
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I will punt that compliment to SDCPs... These little guys hitched a ride across the country in some utrics that he traded with me several weeks ago (thanks again!). Perhaps they are the direct offspring of the very plants shown in his pics above!

  4. #20
    CPlantaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Corn Field, Iowa
    Posts
    970
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Fury- nice work.
    if you're growing these indoors, make sure that you feed them frequently. I'm guessing you've been told this already since it looks like the oldest leaves on your bigger plant were fed or caught springtails)
    My first batch of D. indica slowly died off on me indoors after not feeding them for 2 months following germination and I had no idea what was going wrong! lol

    And of course, great shots SDCPs! What's the tallest height one of your D. indica have ever reached?
    Visit The Sundew Grow Guides: http://www.growsundews.com
    New- Drosera video tours & other sundew info, now on YouTube!

    Happy Growing!

  5. #21
    SDCPs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFury View Post
    Thanks! I will punt that compliment to SDCPs... These little guys hitched a ride across the country in some utrics that he traded with me several weeks ago (thanks again!). Perhaps they are the direct offspring of the very plants shown in his pics above!
    They most certainly are! One of the first pics (with the small plants) showed the plants I happened to plant in my Sarracenia pots. The very ones that I got all the seed from. I didn't have too many to start with...probably about as many as you have there, maybe fewer.

    Quote Originally Posted by CPlantaholic View Post
    @Fury- nice work.
    if you're growing these indoors, make sure that you feed them frequently. I'm guessing you've been told this already since it looks like the oldest leaves on your bigger plant were fed or caught springtails)
    My first batch of D. indica slowly died off on me indoors after not feeding them for 2 months following germination and I had no idea what was going wrong! lol

    And of course, great shots SDCPs! What's the tallest height one of your D. indica have ever reached?
    I've recorded 10", but I'm almost certain at least one plant has topped a foot since then. They form a good-sized stem and will fall over (but keep growing) when ancient. A clump of them keeps each other in line. They also like it drier...one reason my Sarras didn't do exceptionally well this summer. I guess I liked the D. indica and the ease of less watering
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 12-03-2010 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment

  6. #22
    CPlantaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Corn Field, Iowa
    Posts
    970
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that's way bigger than I expected. Thanks for the info!
    Visit The Sundew Grow Guides: http://www.growsundews.com
    New- Drosera video tours & other sundew info, now on YouTube!

    Happy Growing!

  7. #23
    SDCPs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPlantaholic View Post
    Wow, that's way bigger than I expected. Thanks for the info!
    Should have looked more closely at this pic taken early August:


  8. #24
    sarracenia21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Stockton CA
    Posts
    158
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow! Breathtaking! Nice growing as always.
    "Due to the recent economic crisis and budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been shut off. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Drosera burmannii 'Light Pink Flower' Seeds For Trade
    By theyellowdart in forum Carnivorous Plant Trading Post
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-02-2010, 10:27 PM
  2. D. indica 'Green form' flower
    By Crissytal in forum Sundews (Drosera), Byblis, Drosophyllum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 06:44 PM
  3. Pink Flower D. scorpioides gemmae (Winner CPlantaholic -$7)
    By BigCarnivourKid in forum 2008 NASC Benefit Auction
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 05:51 PM
  4. Drosera scorpioides 'pink flower'
    By Christian Dietz in forum Sundews (Drosera), Byblis, Drosophyllum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 03:47 AM
  5. Drosera indica
    By UtricSeb in forum Sundews (Drosera), Byblis, Drosophyllum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 08:51 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •