What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

south american and other drosera

I would like to share with you some pics I took today. Enjoy:)

d. villosa
DSCF00212.jpg

d.regia munching on some insects
DSCF00022-1.jpg

d.regia seedlings
DSCF0017-4.jpg

d.coccipetala
DSCF0051-1.jpg

d.roraimae 'Cerro Adua, Estado Bolivar, Venezuela' and some young d. viridis in the front
DSCF0049-1.jpg

d.'esmeraldae' "Cerro Duida, Venezuela'
DSCF0035-4.jpg

d.graminifolia
DSCF0029-3.jpg

note how much juice thouse thread-like leaves are able to produce during digestion
DSCF0030-3.jpg

d.camporupestris
DSCF0023-4.jpg

d. graomogolensis
DSCF0018-8.jpg

d.tomentosa var. glabrata
DSCF00052.jpg

d.hilaris
DSCF00112.jpg

d.hirtella var. lutescens
dlutescens.jpg

Your dews always stun me! You take such great pics and have a most spectacular collection! :drool:

Incredibly enviable!

I've run out of adjectives to describe my admiration for your collection and cultivation!
Are you able to grow D. hilaris year-round in cooler temps that you have, or does it still go dormant during a bit warmer temps? I wish I had cool enough temps to get D. graminifolia to produce one leaf, let alone drool!

I've run out of adjectives to describe my admiration for your collection and cultivation!

*insert complimentary adjective about your plants here*

How did you start the D. regia seedlings? what'd you do to get them so... alive?

MMmmmmm I love it. Your plants look great, the regia are looking GOOD. I also love seeing some less talked about or grown Drosera, very nice.

@CPlantaholic: for me, drosera hilaris goes dormant almost immediately, when the temperatures exceed 25C (and decent night temps drop cannot be provided). I dont force her to grow 'overtime' by providing her with lower temps artificially. I think the rest is very important and so is feeding her a lot during vegetation period. It is quite a fast grower when fed a lot:)

@Silenceisgod: drosera regia seeds i got from grower in UK. They were expremely fresh and large, and germinated within 10 days, which is one of the fastest germinations i have recorded. They love lots of light and cool nights (10C).

Thanx for very nice comments, BTW!:)

You're such a good grower, they look beautiful! particularly the D. regia's...
I am germinating some regia seeds in vitro, hope that when they grow they look like yours hehe :B

Greetings,
—Abiram—

Back