What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dews looking happy for me at the moment

Very beautiful plants and pics!
These are the things that make me aspire to acquire!

some oddities with D. aliciae

these guys are inside the greenhouse
DSC_00230004.jpg

these guys inside greenhouse near door that is almost always open
DSC_00220003.jpg

Outside full sun
DSC_00210002.jpg

Penny for size reference. I am guessing amount of light and amount of UV may be affecting amount of red and size or lack of size. Maybe plants making excessive red color are burning up resources that could be used for growth?

Last edited:
That's a very good Hypothesis!

Your tuborous dews are really nice! I have some seed I can't wait to plant in the fall :boogie:

good looking plants, my Drosera are seedlings, they will grow like yours some day!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to play bee today. A whole bunch of Drosera menziesii DC. subsp. menziesii were blooming when I came home.
DSC_00020002_4.jpg

DSC_00080004.jpg

DSC_00010001_13.jpg

Last edited:
Drosera graminifolia blooming today
DSC_00120001_5.jpg

DSC_00100001_3.jpg

I have been able to self them and get seed, but so far i cant seem to get the seeds to germinate. pollinating these guys again this year to see if i cant get more seeds and can test this again. Might need warmer conditions to get them to germinate. not unlike what people are finding for getting the South American Drosera leaf cuttings to sprout.

Last edited:
wonder if you can do Drosera graomogolensis x graminifolia. :D

D. regia seedlings
DSC_00260011.jpg

D. allantostigma
DSC_00270012.jpg

DSC_00320014.jpg

D. "Lake Badgerup"
DSC_00380017.jpg

What happens when the gemmae do not leave the parent:
DSC_00370016.jpg

and A good friend gave me these guys:
DSC_00340015.jpg

Last edited:
impressive dews! I've lovin' the colours.

Did you get the Drosera regia seeds from the ICPS seedbank?

impressive dews! I've lovin' the colours.

Did you get the Drosera regia seeds from the ICPS seedbank?

yes they were from the ICPS seed bank. looks like high germination rate also. now to keep them alive until they have mega roots....

Wonderful photos! I enjoyed seeing them.

Gorgeous looking plants!

From some of your wonderful photos it looks like you grow your dews in a sand mix. What type of soil do you use to get your dews and that nice moss to grow?

Absolutely stunning sundews! It's threads like these that make me wonder why I am still dinking around with Nepenthes in terrariums. Good luck with the D. regia seedlings. :)

From some of your wonderful photos it looks like you grow your dews in a sand mix. What type of soil do you use to get your dews and that nice moss to grow?

I am using a peat sand and volcanic rock mixture. All depends on how much drainage you need for the particular plant....

Yeah, those little guys are looking good.

D. binata somthing or other . was sold to me as D. binata "dichotoma Giant"

DSC_00270006_1.jpg

:love: :love: :love:
:spazz:

I can NOT believe I've missed SO many updates!
I slowly scrolled down in literal awe, Mach! Everything looks so stunning, so dewy and full of color and happy.
All I can say is "WOWWWWW!"

Back