What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

little red bugs

Rball

INFECTED
i jsut started some droser. seeds none have sprouted yet. Ne way the fresh soil i just made all from new bags somehow has these really i mean really small red things. I only saw one but they are so small. Can i apply insecticed now or will the seeds not germinate. And what are these are they harmfull?

???

red-spidermite.jpg

http://www.atwaterhydro.net/kb_results.asp?ID=9

it says they are the size of a poppy seed.......i dont know these are literally so small but maybe they are young...... they are so small i can see legs just barely moving.
they are only in the one pot that i noticed i have been checking thuroughly. I baged it up in hopes that my first seed atemp isnt a total loss. Once they sprout ill try to seperate and save at least some.

Get an eye loupe. I would not have been able to easily identify the tiny aphids I just received in a trade without one...

yea i need something.......

i'd trust kula on this one rball. the guy is a friggen entomologist. i'd think he'd know what he's talking about.

They are probably springtails. They could be red spider mites but unlikely without a source of food (e.g. plants) unless you have some nearby plants that are badly infested.

Springtails should not be a problem since the eat primarily decaying matter and will provide a good food source for your seedlings.

cool thanks guys

Back