What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flower power

D. admirabilis holotype, small form
IMGP7923_zpsd157576f.jpg

IMGP7920_zpsa0d3f776.jpg

That's a nice one. 'Looks blue blushed with purple and very full petals. I'm about to try admirabilis again.

Did I send you some D. echinoblastus gemmae this winter?

I'm just seeing this post. That one wasn't sent, but I'm thrilled with the ones you did send. I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing the D. callistos flower. It's been anything with a pulchella in it and allantostigma that has flowered:

D. x Carburup (I think)

D. pulchella x occidentalis

D. allantostigma

D. pulchella x erricksoniae

D. pulchella

D. pulchella

D. allantostigma

D. spatulata (Beenak, Victoria, Australia).
mcI8iDo.jpg

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, does this mean there are two Beenaks in Australia? I have a form I sprouted from Beenak, Victoria, but that's from the other end of the continent.

Out of curiosity, does this mean there are two Beenaks in Australia? I have a form I sprouted from Beenak, Victoria, but that's from the other end of the continent.

No, I just flubbed the locale data when I typed it up (did so on Twitter earlier today as well - d'oh!). That should be Beenak, Victoria, Australia.

D.capensis Red. Some extra structures on the petal. See crop.

IMGP7943_zpsab006b7a.jpg

IMGP7939_zps1e733e25.jpg

IMGP7938_zpsf36767d6.jpg

IMGP7937_zps01a6b8ac.jpg

D.capensis Red. Some extra structures on the petal. See crop.

Cool flower, and awesome pics! My D. cap Red is going as well, but with no extra flair.
8d1C5yD.jpg

Otherwise my D. burmannii "Pilliga Red" are doing most of the blooming for today...
IoVZyX3.jpg

2NcxYlu.jpg

jtU1Ijq.jpg

D. aliciae
IMGP7955_zps5948af8d.jpg

D. helodes
IMGP7949_zpsf8fa19b5.jpg

IMGP7958_zps62fa5d38.jpg

D. hamiltonii, what I hope are two genetically different plants. These should open tomorrow or the day after. Seeds at last perhaps.

Good luck on those! I don't think I have ever heard of anyone having hamiltonii seed.

Awesome photos everyone!

couple of flowers open this morning,first a NOID pygmy,these guys only open for a very short time so i was lucky to catch them a nice bunch of D.slackii Slackii close up and a red Capensis

Last edited:
Beautiful photos, everyone. Most impressive. And kudos on the slackii flowers! I don't suppose it is self fertile?

i have tried to get seeds from my Slackii,i tried the paintbrush trick too and no luck,i tried crossing with capensis and no luck,i only have one clone propagated from leaf cuttings so that could well be the problem???i did get seed but none sprouted so i don't know if they were not viable or something wrong with how i germinated

Last edited:
Excellent photos Corky!

Back