What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peat for D.Regia

Looks far too dry to me. Hopefully you have fixed that or it wont last long.

I did, its alot more darker a wet, but not flooded.

It looks like its growing to me, ill upload a picture soon.

2e16ukm.jpg

Last edited:
I think the dryness of the soil may be a result of the way you went about mixing it.

When you go to make up a soil mix (especially one involving dry peatmoss), It's best to empty the contents into a bucket or other deep, undrained container and add water. From there you'll want to give the peat/other soil components several squeezes under the water. This serves a few purposes; it rinses out the soil a bit, helps distribute the soil components evenly, and allows it to better absorb water since dry peat can be difficult to wet at first (especially the more compact nuggets).

If you flooded the pot it might be fine but it's possible there are still dry peat nuggets down in the lower levels and that could possibly be an issue once the plants roots start to colonize the lower areas.

Just an FYI, good luck with the plant.

Is it okay that i topped the soil with perlite to prevent gnats?

Back