The time has come to attempt propagating some of my drosera. Namely D. falconeri and D. regia. There are just not enough around as it is so I figured I could help a little getting these guys into more hands.
Here is what I did for each. I am open to suggestions or critique or even rants (I have thick skin).
I followed the advice of one of Joseph Clemens threads. Basically I made a few root cuttings about 1/2 inch long and place them on top of super saturated LFS. I intend to keep the water level high for sometime until I see plant growth.
I couldn't find quite as much info on this, but I recall reading somewhere someones methods. I tried to mimic those as closely as I recall.
Here is what I did....
I unpotted the entire plant to expose the bulb. I peeled off dead leaves until I reached live ones. I took about 10 live leaf pullings making sure to keep the entire leaf portion all of the way to the bulb.
I then placed each pulling into live LFS similar to a VFT pulling with the stem stuck into the LFS and only the dew trap exposed. I then placed the container into a baggie to keep humidity at 100% and placed it in the wamest and brightest open spot I could find.
I'll post pics and such as they progress to show my results.