Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NASC graomogolensis . . .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NASC graomogolensis . . .

It looks as though the plants are settling in to their new home; and maybe, just maybe, I will no longer see Drosera as weeds to be plucked.

Also, they should just kick-**** on eBay. Just joking, Warren . . .

Drosera graomogolensis

“Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those colored up quickly...looking great! By the end of summer they should be really breath-taking.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I have them under a dome with my CFLs, along with some seedling plants, until they adjust . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard these are fairly easy to grow, but are extremely hard to find... especially in Canada. :P lol. Make sure to update us with these plants!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devon.B View Post
    I heard these are fairly easy to grow, but are extremely hard to find... especially in Canada. :P lol. Make sure to update us with these plants!
    Will do. I once had a great number of Drosera years ago but mostly phased them out; though I may be reversing things a bit . . .

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm tempted to get rid of my Sarracenia. If all I had were sundews I'd probably only use one or two gallons of water a month. Plus in the space that one Sarracenia pot takes up I could grow dozens of Drosera. And you don't have to wait 3-6 years to see the results of hybridizing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There certainly is the space issue; but nothing quite controls the wasps in my yard like the good old Amuuurrrrican pitcher plants. When Drosera are found the size of dinner plates and can take care of that, they can go . . .

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A forest of D. regia or D. binata var multifida f. extrema might do it. And it could work both ways with the smell of the nectar and prey in the tubes attracting the wasps.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast