What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. adelae from Joseph Jar

So seedjar (Joe) sent me some D. adelae awhile back. A few nice plants and a pot of fresh seedlings. I've been growing them in 100% live LFS in a low light tank in the HL GH. Thought it was time for an update.

IMG_6068.jpg

IMG_6069.jpg

IMG_6072.jpg

IMG_6071.jpg

IMG_6070.jpg

:0o: Holy gosh >.>

LFS and or live sphagnum helps this one also. More and more have seen that this plant benefits from a substrate that is mostly LFS or live sphagnum. wonder if you could do in a hanging basket and let keikies pop out the bottom and and sides

Oh wow - nicely done Travis! I've never thought to use live moss with them. It's a very attractive look - I'll have to give it a try sometime. Glad to see you're finally succeeding with them!
~Joe

lol thats a lot of little ones :p talk about overwhelming lol

The d. adelae seedlings? you succeeded in getting seed?

No sir.. all that credit goes to Joe. I just grew the little guys.

Great cultivating!

My adlale is dying from the summer heat

:censor:

looks amazing mass!

LFS and or live sphagnum helps this one also. More and more have seen that this plant benefits from a substrate that is mostly LFS or live sphagnum. wonder if you could do in a hanging basket and let keikies pop out the bottom and and sides

I have had an adelae in a peat: perlite mix that has been sending up young plants but has been slowly shrinking since october. I will repot a few into LFS and see if it helps. Thanks for the tip!

They're not seedlings. They're sprouts from a root ball I had sitting in a water tray for a few years. It'd throw up a dense crowd of plantlets, I'd pull all the big ones off, it'd pout for a few months, and then a new crop would sprout. I should see sometime if I can duplicate those results...
~Joe

Well then.. There you have it. Mystery solved!

nice plants wish I could get 1:poke:

Ooh ! What a sight ! Love it. Australian droseras are definitely something else.

They're not seedlings. They're sprouts from a root ball I had sitting in a water tray for a few years. It'd throw up a dense crowd of plantlets, I'd pull all the big ones off, it'd pout for a few months, and then a new crop would sprout. I should see sometime if I can duplicate those results...
~Joe

I've been trying without luck to get seed...oh well.

Excellent plants! I LOVE Adelaes! Good job!

Back