What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

flower stem cuttings

how do you do a flower stem cutting ,soak in distilled water,peat ?:-D

I tried this once with an oreophyla stem that had been bitten off, but it didn't work because I put it in bleach... I was 8 :lol:
I have never heard of a flower rooting itself so I would try putting it in distilled water.
Are you trying to harvest pollen or seeds...etc please explain more so I can help.

Sarracenia do not root from flower cuttings lance... Not sure about dews, suppose it's possible do to things like false vivapary etc.

I've had success with pinching off the flower scape of D. prolifera and nestling it in some living sphagnum moss. Keep in mind, though, that D. prolifera's claim to fame beyond carnivoroy is its ability to do this.

It does work for many Utricularia and for P. primulaflora

if you mean dews (ones with thicker stalks like binata or capensis, if it's one with a wimpy flower stalk, give up) cut the stem into 1 inch segments and treat it like a leaf cutting and put it in water and wait (up to 2 months)

yes its a drosera binata extrema,so i'll give it a try:-D

Back