What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

random pics of drosera in august

Hi , CP enthusiasts!

Today as I was checking my plants in the evening I thought about how beautiful this CP genus is and felt like taking some quick random picturesbefore it gets dark. They are mostly of regularly cultivated species, nevertheless I think they look fit at the peak of this season so I would like to share some pictures here on the forum. Hope you like them.

drosera slackii
DSCF0002-22.jpg

drosera affinis 'Namibia' (normal)
DSCF0009-9.jpg

drosera affinis 'Namibia' (pygmy bush)
DSCF0008-17.jpg

drosera collinsiae
DSCF0013-7.jpg

drosera sp. 'Lantau Island' (Hong-Kong) colony
DSCF0012-8.jpg

drosera adelae group
DSCF0014-3.jpg

...and some shots of one of the minigreenhouses' top shelf
DSCF0016-6.jpg

DSCF0019-2.jpg

DSCF0018-9.jpg

DSCF0021-5.jpg

DSCF0022-2.jpg

wait wait wait....hold up a sec....you had a photo of growing petiolaris AND south american dews together? you are hurting my head....how do you do it!?

Very nice plants

Bravissimo!
I wonder, what is the plant in between the slackii hybrid and the regia?
Incredible!:-D

Oh man I love your threads. I've been taken over by the drosera bug. MORE MORE MORE!!
Was that Roridula I saw in the back corner?

Omg! Oustanding! Care to share how you are growing these?

WoW! I third the question on how you are able to keep all those together! Please share :D

I am glad you like the sundews:)
Yes, it is d. coccicaulis and roridula (in the corner).
I figured the petiolaris and south american sundews can be grown together because there is a set of condition they both like. This summer is unusually cold and rainy here in Prague so the petiolaris sundews fell into dormancy, while south american sundews are thriving. When it gets too hot, petiolaris sundews wake up and south american sundews are still OK. I think, that when the plant/root system is well established,,it it very resistant to heat . I have grown them like this for second season now and they flower and produce seeds OK. Like e.g. d. graminifolia, which is normally very sensisitve to heat,,once grown into decent size she gets used to temps over 30C for months. Some other growers might have different experience though. I am only sharing my observations:)

That's for sure a nice drosera collection!
Thanks for the pics, they are extremely great!

omg beautiful plants, i live the mini affinis :D

ahhh wonderful shots. it's so nice to see a collection in such pristine condition!

Amazing plants! If I ever make my way over to Prague I'm coming to visit.

Skvěle fotky rosnatky, díky za sdíleni. Víš, snazším se ještě učit Česky i když už nejsem v Praze. Jenom potřebuji trošku cvičit.

Thankx for rewarding comments everybody!
JB: Your written czech is better than the one of some Czechs that I know! :-D

No, jak jsem fotky nevidela.. jsou krasne :) Thanks for sharing!

JB: protrebuju tvicit vic :lol:

Jak jsem řikal, jenom potřebují cvičit víc. Jenom jeden problem, klavesníce není moc dobrý tady v Americe.

THEZ: Mluvíš česky? To jsem nevěděl. Jestli potřebuješ cvičení nebo hodiny, zeptej se.

Back