Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drosera ID please?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well im keeping them outside, my pingu i moved it inside cause i think i caused her a sunburn but the others two, aliciae and capensis are outside on my windowsill, getting sun from 9am to around 2-3pm, direct sunlight. And im using tray method, yep. btw, i saw my aliciae that her the older leaves are red and don't produce any more glue, do they need higher humidity or they're just old and they'll eventually die?

I hate bugs. Carnivorous plants get me. jpappy789's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes I get that problem with dews...the very red ones wont produce dew but are still otherwise healthy and greener plants produce loads of dew. Can't say I really understand why.

Cape sundews don't appreciate a whole lot of heat but can tolerate it so some degree in my experience so I would keep an eye on that...

I've keep my dews with humidity ranging anywhere from around 40% to almost 70%...not sure where you are and what your specific levels would be like.
    -Josh
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i live in Romania, my daily temps can reach 35*C in some days, and around 15*C during night. So yea, it's a bit hot. About the humidity, i dont really know, but i think it's about 50-60% most of the time. Little too hot and dry, i know, but im gonna try and put my hand on a terrarium until winter.

I hate bugs. Carnivorous plants get me. jpappy789's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The humidity shouldn't be an issue if they are around those levels. The capensis generally likes temps at or below 80F/26C so if you could keep it shaded for those hot days it might help.

Will you be bringing it in during the winter? I assume it gets colder and you at least get some frost.
    -Josh
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, it's getting pretty nasty here in winter, frost, snow and things like that. I'll get them inside, and hopefully ill make some money and buy a terrarium and make them a cozy home from this winter on. If i take them to a little shade, wouldn't it make them more bad cause they get less sun?or it's more important not to get a bit cooked than to get more sun?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12