What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera flowers ~ Tuberous & Pygmy

D. erythrorhiza ssp. squamosa (Albany Hwy)

IMG_7053.jpg

D. peltata 'White Flower'

IMG_7056.jpg

D. sp. 'Carbarup'

IMG_7052.jpg

I'll just toss these in. Ever order a hot fudge sundae from McDonald's? Container works great as a propagation chamber for dews, ceph leaves, etc.

IMG_7061.jpg

IMG_7062.jpg

Very Nice!...not every day one sees tubrous sundews.

hmm, show us pics when they have leaves too :awesome:

Squamosa update:

IMG_7117.jpg

IMG_7118.jpg

can see some leaves on the squamosa. lets see how they turn out :)

can see some leaves on the squamosa. lets see how they turn out :)

Do I need to think about cutting the flower stalk at any point? Perhaps to help add growing strength of the carnivorous parts. ???

Like!

I wouldn't clip it off until after the stalk shrivels away otherwise you're just throwing away the nutrients the plant would re-absorb.

Seed production takes more out of a plant than flowers. I've not seen flower or seed production have much effect on the growth of Drosera except for annuals or unhealthy plants. If you have plants that significantly decline from flower production they're probably good candidates for the compost heap.

LOVE these, very interesting. I think you just got me interested enough to buy some.

My fave is D. sp. 'Carbarup' pot, very elegant. Bravo!

Back