What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera of the Month: September 2011

FLA_3344.jpg

D. something, probably spathulata.

On the ICPS forums a while back there was a huge debate over whether one of my plants could be brevifolia. I acquired its seed stock in Japan, so I'm pretty sure, but not 100% certain, simply because I'm not familiar with Japanese carniflora.
It turns out i have no brevifolia in my collection. Just too many dielsiana. And waaay too many spathulata. But i love them all :3.
EDIT!
Kudos to Mach! I LOVE madagascariensis!

Drosera intermedia in my greenhouse

intermediacloseup-1.jpg

Last edited:
On the ICPS forums a while back there was a huge debate over whether one of my plants could be brevifolia. I acquired its seed stock in Japan, so I'm pretty sure, but not 100% certain, simply because I'm not familiar with Japanese carniflora.
It turns out i have no brevifolia in my collection. Just too many dielsiana. And waaay too many spathulata. But i love them all :3.
EDIT!
Kudos to Mach! I LOVE madagascariensis!

I was lucky enough to get 5 of my 10 D. brevifolia seeds to germinate. Traded a few off, so I'm down to 3 largish plants that'll be flowering for me this next year.

D. venusta

IMG_2771.jpg

Mass, if you're hinting at a trade, i'll let you in on something most unfortunate.
I have college the year after next, sir (or mademoiselle). I cannot afford any new material unless I plan to take it with me, and the colleges i have visited have *tiny* growing space. :crap:
Oh well.

Oh.. no offense, but I wasn't. Just sharing my experience with the species. ;)

Ew, posted that pic half asleep and I know I can get a better one...:lol:

Feel free to change it buddy.

Can't wait for my dew to be ready to enter.. not too much longer. :mwahaha:

Drosera ordensis

dscn1609r.jpg

Very nice.. what is that in your avatar, a big red cistiflora?

D. alba....:drool: let's see some pics of that!

Absolutely no offense at all Mass.

That ordensis is eatable, kuz.
As is that alba-cistiflora thing in your avatar.

Wrong, the plant in my avatar is a simple Drosera adelae !!!
Thanks for the compliments.
When I have a little time, I will post some pictures of my South American Drosera, my favorites :)

Wrong, the plant in my avatar is a simple Drosera adelae !!!
Thanks for the compliments.
When I have a little time, I will post some pictures of my South American Drosera, my favorites :)

Yes please!

D.burmanii....
Dburmanii_9-13-11.jpg

Totally not as cool as other dews here... but my flowering D. adelae i've had since last fall.

Sending up its flower stalk
5963339910_08acec1753_o.jpg

And open
6064419676_06311c4474_o.jpg

5996414263_537bc721e9_o.jpg

Dew macros
5963339874_132268c21e_o.jpg

5963339732_4987ef463c_o.jpg

Back